The Golden Triangle tour starts from the capital region of Delhi. This old city is known to have been the capital of many empires before finally being declared the capital of India in 1947. Delhi is the cultural melting pot of India for the varied styles of architecture, the cuisine and a place where the modern world beautifully merges with the old. Visit the India Gate, Rajpath and the winding lanes and by lanes of Old Delhi with the silver and spice shops. From the Parliament House to the Modern Art Museum, Delhi swings between the old world charm to the contemporary.
200 km south of Delhi stands Agra, on the banks of the river Yamuna. This historical city boasts of being the Mughal capital of India and nests within its folds the most beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Sites; the majestic Agra Fort, Taj Mahal, the epitome of architecture built in the name of love, and Fatehpur Sikri, a city built by Akbar in red sand stone.
Jaipur, also called the Pink City for the colour of many of its buildings is the next jewel visited. The palaces, forts and the markets of Jaipur are legendary, and you also get to enjoy an exciting elephant back ride to Amer Fort! The City Palace, Jantar Mantar and the Hawa Mahal are resplendent in their architectural feat and beauty.
What is included in the tour
- Pick up and Drop from the IGI Airport or your hotel in New Delhi
- Private Air Conditioned vehicle
- 4 nights-5 days accommodation in luxury 5 Star hotels at Delhi, Agra and Jaipur
- Continental breakfast/Breakfast Buffet
- All Entrance fees
- Elephant ride to Amer Fort
- Guiding fee
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic beverages
- 4 nights and 5 days in luxury 5 Star hotels in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur
- Visit to the Old Delhi market, Parliament House, Rajghat and the Modern Art Museum in Delhi
- Travel to Agra to see the Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Skri and Agra Fort, the three UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Visit the Pink City and Enjoy an elephant ride to Amber Fort and stop by the City Palace of Jaipur
- Travel with a private driver by air-conditioned vehicle
- You will have your private guide with extensive knowledge about the cities and places you visit
- 5-star accommodation with breakfast plus airport/hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Day 1 – Delhi City Tour
- Arrive IGI airport Delhi (Details to be advised)
- Complete customs, immigrations formalities and exit to arrival hall meeting lounge
- START OF SERVICE
- Met by our representative and transfer to Welcome Hotel Dwarka or Oberoi Maidens
- Morning start the city tour visiting important sites of New Delhi - Qutab Minar a 12th century tower and one of the tallest of its time, Humayun’s Tomb considered to be one of the forerunner of the Taj Mahal and drive past President’s House, India Gate and other colonial buildings.
- Afternoon explore Old Delhi, visit 16th century Red Fort the ultimate symbol of Mughal power in India and Jama Masjid one of the biggest mosque in India built during the same time as Red Fort
- Overnight at Welcome Hotel Dwarka or Oberoi Maidens
Day 2 – Delhi to Agra
- Morning depart by surface for Agra (210 kms/4 hrs drive approx.)
- Arrive in Agra and check into the luxurious ITC Mughal or Trident Hotel in Agra which has an unparalleled location with respect to its proximity to the monuments and the market place. Each of the rooms affords uninterrupted views of this ancient monument. The hotel is a graceful sanctuary with terraced lawns, fountains, reflection pools, and pavilions with rich interiors.
- There will be time to relax before leaving for a tour of the fabled Taj Mahal built by Emperor Shah Jahan to commemorate his eternal love for his wife Mumtaz.
- Overnight at ITC Mughal or Trident Hotel in Agra.
Day 3 – Agra to Jaipur
- Morning depart by surface for Jaipur (250 kms/5 hrs drive approx.), en-route stop over to visit Fatehpur Sikri, the city-sized fort built by Emperor Akbar as the capital of his empire in the 16th century. The city was abandoned only fifteen years after it was built due to lack of potable water and is considered one of the most perfectly preserved and complete Mughal palace cities. Some of the deserted structures here still remain in a remarkable state of preservation, allowing visitors to discern interesting facets of everyday life at the Mughal court in the 16th century.
- Continue to Jaipur and check into the another ultra-luxurious hotel.
- Evening is free to explore this colorful city, a photographer’s paradise with some of themost vibrant bazaars in Asia and some of the best textile and jewelry shops in India.
- Overnight at the hotel.
Day 4- Jaipur to Delhi
- Drive into the hills, step from a platform onto an elephant, and ride up to the entrance
- of the 10th century Amber Fort, once the capital of the Rajput rulers of this area. Explore the maze of passages and alleyways, the Hall of Mirrors, and magnificent areas with fret work and enchanting wall paintings.
- Drive past the Palace of the Winds to visit the City Palace. Explore the cluster of courtyards with museums that house rare collections of textiles, carpets, paintings, and antique weapons. Cross the road to the Jantar Mantar, a medieval observatory with elegantly-sculpted oversized instruments which, even today, are astonishingly accurate in their astronomical measurements.
- Drive back to Delhi in time to reach the IGI Airport for departure.